Angry Little Tank

Rants, chants and cants....all written while wearing no pants!

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Festivus!

Who can forget that December 1 is Festivus? Not me I tells ya. In the spirit of the holiday I'm gonna rant about something stupid that bothers me.

Phantom of the Opera is playing here in Philly at the Forrest Theater. The nearest parking garage to the venue is the same one I use when I go the gym. As such, I get to watch all the suburbanites drive into town in their SUV's and completely lose their minds. How you ask?

Imagine a white family of four dressed up wandering around a parking garage with a parking ticket in their hands asking me fearfully "what do we do with this?". Imagine 50 year old women standing slack jawed in front of the machine you use to pay your parking ticket panicking and wondering what to do. Imagine the same family from above stopping you on the corner of 12th and Walnut asking "where's the Forrest Theater?" when its half a block up the street and lit up like Nuremburg circa 1944.

I know the suburbs are quiet and all, but this is pathetic. If you can't figure out how to drive into a metropolitan city in America, park your car and then see a show you should confine yourself to a Blockbuster evening.

Anybody else have a pet peeve they wish to air. You know, in the spirit of the holiday?

1 Comments:

Anonymous dolly said...

ladies who don't know their way in the big city in their metropolitan area are simply choosing to be so ignorant.

they should be slapped with impunity.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home