Angry Little Tank

Rants, chants and cants....all written while wearing no pants!

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Well this certainly explains a lot

I'm not sure whether to feel anger, disgust or pity when I read that one of the leading lights of the evangelical movement has been caught red handed paying for gay sex.

On the one hand, it certainly explains their obsession with gay sex. I mean they clearly have it on their minds constantly, certainly more than I do. I guess its because they have to sneak it on the side.

Mostly I guess I'm just sad at how people like this have used religion to foster hatred and misunderstanding. Haggard is the same jackass that taught his flock that "free markets" are a central tenent of the gospel. Religious people being what they are, they believe what they're told by authority figures. Fast forward a few years and we find ourselves in our current situation.

Here's hoping they either open their eyes or stay home on Tuesday. As Andrew Sullivan has been fond of saying recently, this isn't an election anymore its an intervention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home