Angry Little Tank

Rants, chants and cants....all written while wearing no pants!

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

State of Mind

I turn 36 years old today. Wow it feels kind of weird to even type that. Closer to 40 than 30. Certainly middle-aged. Yikes.

Still, I'm in a much better place with my aging than I was last year at this time. 35 just seemed like the end of the known universe at the time. Its hard to describe the feeling of dread I carried with me for weeks after my birthday. Like at any moment I was going to be stricken with cancer after being forced to give up my Playstation. Sci-fi movies would be replaced with French existential cinema. Friday nights drinking would be replaced by warm glasses of milk and 9pm bedtimes.

Of course none of that has happened. The only real tangible effects of my age I've seen so far has been my rapid exit from the world of rugby due to a torn ACL. I've decided to deal with it by overcompensating at the gym, which has the added benefit of making me look like a 25 year old.



So here's to another year. I'm going to concentrate on worrying less, quitting smoking more, and trying to have as much fun as I can before 40 (when the world certainly will end).

Its going to be great, I can tell.

3 Comments:

Anonymous J.Cruz said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! I owe you a big sloppy smooch when I see you next!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous dolly said...

Happy Birfday you old cus! I hope that Mr. Angrytank gives you 36 good hard ones on your bot-bot!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

As much as I do heart you, I told you that I wouldn't NEVER dress up as Marilyn Monroe and sign Happy Birthday, Mr. President to you.

Happy Birthday!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home