Angry Little Tank

Rants, chants and cants....all written while wearing no pants!

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, June 01, 2006



Now this....

When I hurt my leg last November, I figured it was because of the lousy NYC pitches. I rested up over the holidays and went to the first spring practice not thinking much about my knee. Then it got thrown out of joint.

I went to a doctor. Or I should say, a physician's assistant at my doctor's office. He recommended therapy and an x-ray. The x-ray showed that indeed I had a knee, but the four weeks of therapy seemed to help. I went to a practice in late March in good spirits.

And you know what? I made it through the practice. It was the next practice that it popped out with a sound that made me want to puke. I sought out an orthopedist and arranged to have an MRI done. A week or so later they pointed out a torn miniscus. This is easy to fix, I was told. Most athletes (and in my mind I was going "oooh he called me an athelete") are back on the field in a week.

I scheduled an appointment today with the surgeon thinking I'd get this taken care of real quick before the July 4th weekend. Well the surgeon looks at the MRI, examines my knee some more and proclaims I have a torn ACL. He pointed it out on the MRI adn it kind of looked like the attached photo. Now they believe that the torn miniscus happened after the initial ACL tear

Bottom line? I have the operation, I'm out of work for a full week. I then wear a brace and walk with a cane for a month. Then three months of physical therapy to build the knee and leg back up. No driving for a month (I work out in Horhsam for crying out loud). No rugby until Spring 2007.

On top of the kitchen rennovations and my job search, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get stressed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous J.Cruz said...

Ouch! That suxx0rz, love. Does this mean we'll have to feed you grapes on the vine and waft large, feather fans in your general direction? How gauche!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Angry Little Tank said...

Leaving the occassional comment as I bitch about this on the blog will suffice.

We're assuming of course that I figure out how to get this done and still get to work.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home